I am grateful
to Santosh Kumar Lahoti, Kolkata who has kindly shared his
experience and knowledge on the subject. He has provided me
reference books on the subject of autographs. He has also
helped me a lot in obtaining the scans of many autographs.
I am highly thankful to Kolkata-based Gopal
Das Agrawal, for making me available the scans of autographs
from his collection.
I am thankful to Dhiren Shah, Mumbai who
is a collector of autographs since last more than 25 years.
I also thank him for gifting me many autographs which he had
My special thanks are to Sanjay Gosalia and
Anuj Pakwasa who were kind enough to give me the scans of
autographs of Indian Princely State Rulers from their world-renowned
collection of Coat-of-Arms and correspondence of Indian Royal
I also thank Vinod Talati, Ahmedabad who
was the collector of autographs since more than 50 years.
He has given me many autographs from his collection and I
sincerely thank him here as he is the person who has created
the base of my collection.
I also would like to thank Rolf Ramseier,
Switzerland who is the member of Universal Autograph Collectors'
Club, USA. He has helped me a lot in getting the autographs
of many Indian and SAARC Countries’ Celebrities.
I also would like to take a sincere note
of the help that my daughter Binali has given me in preparing
this book. She had some autographs of renowned Indian Celebrities
and she gave them to me which I have incorporated in this
book. I also take a sincere note of the support that my son
Kunal and his wife Bina has given me in preparing this book.
In fact they both are USA based Autograph Collectors. I am
highly grateful to Mumbai-based Nupur B. Patel, son-in-law
of my brother Raju Thakkar who took great pains in obtaining
the autographs of many celebrities for me. I am also thankful
to my Coimbtore based co-brother Suresh Mangaldas for helping
me in getting some autographs of Personalities of South India.
My special thanks to my wife Rekha who has
never grudged for taking away her share of life time and has
always extended excellent encouragement and support.
I express my thanks to Abhay Shah, Ahmedabad
who is a friend, well wisher and everything for me. His silent
support has made me capable to launch this website.
I also thank Farokh Todywalla, Mumbai who
has always encouraged me for these types of Projects which
educate and create awareness amongst collectors to organize
and develop their hobbies.
A number of organizations, friends and colleagues
have contributed and helped me in this endeavor. They have
either provided the material or their material has been used
with gratitude on this website at appropriate places. Although
it is not possible to acknowledge their help and contributions
individually, I wish to record my thanks to:
- Ministry of Culture, Youth Affairs & Sports, Government
of India, New Delhi
- Reserve Bank of India, Mumbai
- Children’s Museum Foundation, Amreli, Gujarat
- Victoria Memorial National Museum, Kolkata
- Kunal Thakkar, Raleigh, USA
- Shaunak Madani, Boston, USA
- Nelson Edward Lewis, Bahrain
- S. S. Hitkari, New Delhi
- Pallab Bose, New Delhi
- Prabir Basu, IAS, (Retd.) & Nibedita Basu, Ahmedabad
- R. B. Dave, IAS, Ahmedabad
- Yogesh Lakhani, Sr. Advocate, High Court of Gujarat
- Anil Relia of Archer Art Gallery, Ahmedabad
- Shatrughna Jain, Ahmedabad
- Milan Shah, Ahmedabad
- Varad Dhaky, Ahmedabad
- Bharat Shah of Gramophone Club, Ahmedabad
- Mehul Parekh, Ahmedabad
- Bipin Pancholi, Ahmedabad
- Urvi Contractor and Bela Dave, Ahmedabad
- Mainak Kathiara, Ahmedabad
- Rajan Vakharia, Ahmedabad
- Girish Pandya, Ahmedabad
- Navin Desai, Ahmedabad
- Khimaram Rayka, Ahmedabad
- M. V. N. S. Murthy, Chennai
- D. H. Rao, Chennai
- Neelkamal Maheshwari, Chennai
- Major V.Shankar, Chennai
- Samaptiben Patel, Mumbai
- Nupur Patel, Mumbai
- Ashok Patel, Mumbai
- Rajanikant Thakkar, Mumbai
- Madhukant Pabari, Mumbai
- Kishore Jhunjhunwala, Mumbai
- Kalpana Pushkar Singh, Mumbai
- Subhash Mehta, Mumbai
- Vijay Deshpande, Mumbai
- Jigar Desai, Mumbai
- Vinodini Kanakia, Pune
- Sanjay Kumar Joshi, Kolkata
- Prashant Arora, Kolkata
- Umashanker Shaw, Kolkata
- Pravin Panchal, Vidyanagar
My friend Hiral Shah and Dipen Oza have
kept no stone unturned to see that this Website becomes best
in all respects. My sincere thanks are due to all of them.