|Zail Singh Giani|
• Born : 5th May, 1916 • Died : 25th December, 1994
- Took active part in Freedom Movement.
- Became an ardent champion of India's fight for emancipation from the feudal and the foreign yokes.
- Became the Chief Minister of Punjab in 1972. Worked as Home Minister in the Cabinet of Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
- Became the Seventh President of India in 1982.
- Was a champion of national unity and stood steadfastly on the principle of secularism.
- His origins were humble, but his achievements were high.
- Was described as the 'President of the People'.