|Justice Mohammed Hidayatullah|
• Born : 17th December, 1905 • Died : 1992
- Was appointed as Chief Justice of India in 1968.
- Was the Chancellor of Universities of Delhi & Punjab & Jamia Milia Islamia between 1969 to 1985.
- Was President of International Law Association (Indian Branch), President of Indian Red Cross Society and President of Bombay Natural History Society.
- Was awarded order of the British Empire in 1946, Order of the Yugoslav Flag with Sash (1970), Medallion & Plaque of Merit Philconsa Manila (1970) and Knight of Mark Twain (1971).
- Was a Champion and Crusader of Human Rights.
- Was a Gandhian in ideology, essentially cosmopolitan in outlook, truly Indian in culture, a poet at heart and an activist in thoughts.