|Chaudhary Charan Singh|
• Born : 23rd September, 1902 • Died : 29th May, 1987
- Was a great Freedom Fighter.
- Took active part in Salt Satyagrah (1930) and 'Quit India' Movement (1942).
- Prepared a Zamindari Abolition Bill in U.P. It was a revolutionary step in the interest of landless farmers, backward classes and Harijans.
- Was Chief Minister of U.P. Government for some years.
- Became Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister in 1979.
- Worked as Prime Minister from July, 1979 to January, 1980.
- Was a Messiah of farmers and constantly fought against social evils like casteism.