|Vishwanath Pratap Singh|
• Born : 25th June, 1931 • Birth Place : Allahabad
- Was the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh from 1980 to 1982.
- Resigned as Congress Cabinet Minister under Rajiv Gandhi's government.
- Floated an opposition party 'Jan Morcha' to protest a defence contract.
- When 'Janta Dal' was formed in 1988 his party 'Jan Morcha' merged with it.
- In 1989 'Janta Dal' faugh elections along with BJP and Communist Parties.
- Became Prime Minister in 1989 after the victory of Janta Dal.
- His tenure was marred by student agitations that came up because of his 'Reservation Policy' in government jobs based on caste system.
- Was alienated after his government decided to implement the ideas of Mandal Commission, which favored affirmative action for the lower caste.
- Was ousted when BJP withdrew support to the 'National Front' government after its leader L.K. Advani was arrested during his 'Rath Yatra' supporting construction of 'Ram Mandir' in Ayodhya.