|Haradanahalli Dodde Deve Gowda|
• Born : 18th May, 1933 • Birth Place : Haradanahalli, Karnataka
- Was in Indian National Congress Party from 1953 to 1962.
- Was the Chief Minister of Karnataka State from 1994-1996.
- Contested elections as independent for legislative assembly from 1962 to 1977.
- Joined the wing that was opposed to Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's faction when the group split (1969).
- Was jailed for 18 months in 1975 during the time of 'Emergency' that was declared by Indira Gandhi.
- In 1996, the Indian Parliament did not see any single party achieving a clear majority. Hence a coalition of political parties, the 'United Front' was formed. He became the leader of this 'United Front' and hence became the 11th Prime Minister of India from 1st June, 1996 to 21st April, 1997.