|Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman|
• Born : 7th November, 1888 • Died : 21st November, 1970
• Birth Place : Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India
- Nobel Prize received :
''For his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him.''
- Took his B.A. And M.A. Degrees from the Presidency College, Madras.
- Worked in P&T Department as Deputy Accountant General.
- Became the Professor of Physics in Calcutta University in 1917.
- Founded the Indian Journal of Physics and the Indian Academy of Sciences.
- Was awarded with 'Bharat Ratna' in 1954.