|Dr. Amartya Ashutosh Sen|
• Born : 3rd November, 1933
• Birth Place : Shanti Niketan, Calcutta, India
- Nobel Prize received :
''For his contributions to welfare economics.''
- Is a Professor of Economics & Philosophy at Harvard University.
- Has served as President of the Econometric Society, the Indian Economic Association, the American Economic Association and the International Economic Association.
- Was formerly Honorary President of OXFAM and is now Honorary Advisor.
- Has researched over a number of fields in economics, philosophy and decision theory, including social choice theory, welfare economics, theory of measurement, development economics, moral and political philosophy, and the economics of peace and war.
- Has received honorary doctorates from major universities in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
- Has also received Bharat Ratna in 1999.