|Sirimavo Ratwatte Dias Bandaranaike|
• Born : 17th April, 1916 • Died : 10th October, 2000
- Became the world's first woman Prime Minister in 1960 and remained in office till 1965.
- Returned to serve as Prime Minister for two more terms 1970-1977 and 1994-2000.
- Emphasized Buddhist and Sinhalese Nationalist Policies.
- Promoted a new constitution (1972) that proclaimed a republic and changed the country's name from Ceylon to Sri Lanka.
- Was expelled from Parliament in 1980 because of abuses as Prime Minister.
- Was appointed as Prime Minister by her daughter
- Chandrika Kumaratunga in 1994 and held this post till 2000 when she resigned from the post due to her ill health