|Dr. Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai|
• Born : 12th August, 1919 • Died : 30th December, 1971
• Birth Place : Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Took his tripos in Natural Science from Cambridge University.
- Worked as research scholar in the field of Cosmic Rays under C.V. Raman.
- Established a laboratory at Ahmedabad for research in Physics.
- Became the Chairman of the Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR).
- Due to his efforts first Indian Space Satellite Aryabhatt was launched.
- Awarded with Dr. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in 1962.
- Received Padma Bhushan (1966) and Padma Vibhushan (Posthumously in 1972).