|Pankaj Manimohan Mullick|
• Born : 10th May, 1905 • Died : 19th February, 1978
- Rabindra Sangeet became popular through him as he was granted the permission by Rabindranath Tagore to sing his poetries.
- Regarded the balance and equanimity of the mind as his best asset, providing him with status as a human being and an artist.
- Has acted in some six or seven films.
- It is interesting to note that when the silent film was exhibited at Calcutta, Pankaj Mullick was to conduct his orchestra to provide background music.
- Enjoyed a very close relationship with AIR (All India Radio) since its very inception in 1928.
- Was appointed as Advisor to the Folk Entertainment Section of the West Bengal Government's publicity department.
- Is the author of four books on music, which illustrated the correct structure of Ragas and Canons of Indian Classical Music.
- Awarded Padma Shri in 1970 and Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 1973.