• Born : 23rd August, 1922
• Birth Place : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Is the grandson of Sir Cawasjee Jehangir. Received Diploma from J. J. School of Arts in 1944.
- Studied in the Heatherley School of Art, London from 1945 to 1947, the Academic Andre Lhote, Paris from 1948 to 1951, the Academic Julian from 1953 to 1954 and the Academic de la Grande Chaumiere in 1957.
- Held 27 one man shows in India and abroad.
- Participated in prominent exhibitions all over the world including Sotheby's Islamic & Indian Art Show, London & Christies' Indian Contemporary Paintings, London.
- Three monographs have been published on him by eminent art publishers.
- 'Colours of Absence' a film on his life, won the national award in 1994.
- Awarded Padma Shri in 1977 by Government of India and the 'Kala Ratna' from the All India Fine Arts and Crafts Society.