|Pandit Vishwa Mohan Bhatt|
• Born : 1954 • Birth Place : Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
- Is the disciple of Pt. Ravi Shankar.
- Has attracted international attention by his successful indianisation of the Western Hawaiian Guitar with his perfect assimilation of sitar, sarod and veena techniques by giving it an evolutionary design and shape and by adding 14 more strings helping him to establish the instrument 'Mohan Veena'.
- Has created yet another instrument which he has christianed as 'Vishwa Veena' - a cross between the western harp and the 'Mohan Veena'. The new instrument has three bridges on which 34 strings have been mounted that account for its versatile range. This 'Vishwa Veena' has two sound holes through which music filters out.
- Has performed in USA, USSR, Canada, the Great Britain, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland and many more countries.
- Won the highest music award of the world, the 'Grammy Award' in 1994 along with Ry Cooder for their World Music Album 'A Meeting by the River'.
- Received Padma Shri in 2002.