|Ranbir Raj Prithviraj Kapoor |
• Born : 14th Decemeber, 1924 • Died : 3rd June, 1988
- Was the greatest showman of Indian Cinema and was the actor, director and producer of the highest caliber.
- Established R.K. Studios in 1950.
- Made many good films like Aag (1948), Barsaat (1949), Awaara (1951), Shri 420 (1955), Sangam (1964), Mera Naam Joker (1970), Bobby (1973), Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978) and Raam Teri Ganga Maili (1985).
- Was known as 'Charlie Chaplin of Indian Cinema'.
- Was adored and appreciated by audiences of Africa, Middle East and former Soviet Union.
- Made every effort to ensure that his movies appeal to every section of society, in particular the mythical 'Common Man'.
- Was awarded Padma Bhushan (1971)and Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 1988 by Government of India.