|Mrinalini Vikram Sarabhai|
- Is a celebrated dancer and choreographer.
- Is the founder-director of the Darpan Academy of Performing Arts, Ahmedabad which is established in 1949.
- Has travelled extensively all over the world.
- Called 'High Priestess of Indian Dance' by dance critics.
- Is the wife of eminent scientist Vikram Sarabhai, mother of talented dancer Mallika Sarabhai and sister of Capt. Laxmi Sehgal of Azad Hind Fauj of Subhash Chandra Bose.
- Is the first Indian to receive the medal and Diploma of the French Archives Internationales de la Danse.
- Received Padma Shri (1965) and Padma Bhushan (1992) from Government of India, Gold Medal from the Mexican Government (1968), State Award for Dance (1969) from Government of Gujarat and many such honours.
- Was awarded D. Litt. degree (1979) by Rabindra Bharti University, Calcutta and Desikottama (D. Litt.) degree (1987) by Vishwa-Bharti University, Shantiniketan, Calcutta.
- Was honoured with Vishwa Gurjari Award 1984.