|He was also an NFL referee from 1959 to 1967.
He returned to the front office in 1996 as an Assistant Supervisor of Officials and is currently holding this post.|
- Oversaw the first instant replay system in the NFL beginning with the 1986 season. This system was used until the conclusion of the 1991 season.
- Enshrined to the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame, 1987.
- First recipient of the Gold Whistle Award, National Association of Sports Officials, 1988.
- NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue created the Art McNally Award to annually honor an NFL game official who exhibits exemplary professionalism, leadership and commitment to sportsmanship on and off the field. This award is presented at the Pro Bowl in Hawaii, 2002.
- Recipient of the Reds Bagnell Award, Maxwell Football Club, 2004.